Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 21 - Final thoughts...


 I have been feeling some serious writer's block today as I try to prepare for this final blog post on anxiety. It's funny because this is not the end all, be all. I have plenty of time to continue posting and even adding to this series as time goes by and yet I am pressuring myself to make my final words today extra meaningful. :)

I think the way I want to end this is on the topic of perspective. I read an interesting blog post recently called Anxiety as a Tool for Growth. I encourage you to check it out but from what I could gather, the main point is: perspective. Anxiety can be used to help us or harm us depending on how we use it and view it.

A good friend of mine, and fellow Life Coach, often says that we need to pay attention to what our bodies are telling us. It is amazing how when we start to do that, it's truly as though they reveal things in the same way another person might. If we sit back and reflect on the circumstances surrounding what we're experiencing, new revelations inevitably occur.

I hope you were able to reap some benefits from this series... strategies perhaps to help control anxious symptoms, insights into the how's and why's of anxiety... as well as a new way to view this unfortunate annoyance in many of our lives.

So your take-away for today is this... what is your anxiety telling you? Is it time to make a change? Are you stuck and ready for transition? Is there a difficult conversation you need to have with someone?

I hope you found the coping strategies and the facts and figures helpful but remember to thoughtfully consider what your anxiety means in your life as well.

Please leave any final thoughts or comments about this series here. I would love to know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment