Saturday, January 1, 2011

Home


We just got back to North Carolina and I have to admit, it is nice to be home. I never thought I would call this place home but apparently I do now. My whole image of what home actually is has changed a lot in the last year. Originally I thought it was simply being close to where I grew up. College was 45 minutes away... grad school was 15 minutes away... all of my various apartments through the years were within an hour from the house in which I grew up.
But as I ponder the concept of home, I am beginning to feel differently. This is somehow where I feel comfortable now. This is the place my husband and I are starting our life together. We have shared community here. It just feels like a place of contentment for us right now and the perfect place for us to be at this point in our lives. Maybe even for reasons unknown to us right now. Regardless, as Dorothy so eloquently put it, "There's no place like home".

No comments:

Post a Comment